Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gasoline Chronicles

Once upon a time last weekend, I had quite an exciting gasoline escapade. I was on my way to a bonfire at the beach, and realized I needed fuel. So, like any right-minded soul, I pull in to the nearst Shell station. I slid my card, selected my octane level, and put the nozzle into the gas hole. And then came my mistake- I put the trigger on because I was lazy and didn't want to stand there pumping gas for five minutes. The next thing I know, the nozzle has shot out of my car (still pumping gas, mind you) and is hosing me down with the putrid-smelling liquid. Ridiculous! I caught hold of the nozzle, put it back in my car, held the handle manually, and cursed under my breath. Okay, maybe it was out loud. Needless to say, I didn't go to the bonfire with gasoline-soaked clothes.

No comments: