Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year, New Adventures!

I have officially survived one of the craziest adventures I have ever embarked upon. In an effort to do cool things before I turn 30, I scoped out Pasadena, California and decided to brave the crowds and the cold to experience the Rose Parade. I navigated through hundreds of thousands of people, drove around for half an hour looking for a parking spot, camped out for 20 hours next to a friendyl young Asian couple, fiercely protected my 3 square feet of concrete, witnessed (in total disbelief, I might add) a marshmellow and shaving cream war between cars and pedestrians, wore eight layers of clothing on the top half of my body and three on the bottom half, went through at least five of the handwarmers that you activate by shaking, left my cell phone in a restaurant and had to walk back to retrieve it, "slept" for about half an hour on a beach chair on the streets of Pasadena, laughed so hard I couldn't breathe, drank two cups of hot chocolate, used the portable toilets one block up WAY too many times...and finally was able to see the Rose Parade. It was awesome. It was worth the sleep deprivation and the cold temperatures. The floats are so much bigger and way more impressive when you see them in person. My favorite was a float called "Under the Sea." It was so pretty! I really like the space ship float, too...although that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I was with three of the most awesome people around. It's a memory I will forever hold dear to my heart. I had a TOTAL blast, and I hope that 2010 has many more fun adventures in store for me.


No comments: