Friday, September 24, 2010

12 down, 18 to go

I let my friend GB read my poetry journal. It was one of those moments that panicked my heart. I'm not a good poet- I write as an outlet, not because my words flow beautifully. It's also raw emotion. I only write when I'm either super happy, super sad, or super mad. So to let someone see those unfiltered aspects of my soul is scary. But luckily GB is a good friend- a friend I trust my soul with. And it was actually way more liberating than I had expected. All of a sudden there is someone who understands my emotions, because he felt them in their unadulterated form as he read those poems. And it was kind of nice.


1. Paint a painting on canvas
2. Go to a different church
3. Take public transportation
4. Run a 5k
5. Ride a mechanical bull
6. Write a love letter and actually send it
7. Watch every James Bond film
8. Ride a horse
9. See a space shuttle launch in person
10. Go on a backpacking trip
11. Complete at 1000 piece puzzle
12. Give blood
13. Sit on a jury
14. Golf at a driving range
15. Go pier fishing
16. Get scuba certified
17. Participate in a Polar Bear Swim
18. Have a complete physical
19. Get a letter to the editor published
20. Drive a wickedly cool car
21. Let someone read my poetry journal
22. See Old Faithful erupt
23. Camp out and watch Rose Parade in Pasadena, California
24. Get a stamp in my passport
25. Find out my blood-type
26. Go on a cruise

27. Walk on the Skywalk over the Grand Canyon
28. Learn to drive stick shift
29. Go white water rafting
30. Successfully stand up on a surfboard

No comments: