Sunday, April 3, 2011

On Intimidation

First of all, sorry for my lack of blogging. Also, I'm going to apologize in advance for waxing philosophical on a blog about adventures.

Sometimes I read my horoscope. I'm not really sure why. It's not like I think they're going to come to pass, necessarily, and I certainly don't put a lot of weight into what they say or suggest. There's just something fascinating to me about being read based on my birthdate. That being said, I actually took a little gem from my horoscope today. Check it out:

Don't be afraid of the fire today, Cancer. Instead, embrace it and incorporate more of it into your life. Certain people may intimidate you at first, but that doesn't mean you should run away from the scene. More than likely this feeling of intimidation is a signal that there's something you need to learn from that person or situation. Stick around and pay attention.

I like this for several reasons:

A. I love the concept of embracing fire. Fire can be very uncomfortable- it's hot, dangerous, unpredictable, and captivating. But those aren't bad things, necessarily. I liked that reminder to harness something scary and make it into something that gives me more power and a better capability to help more people.
B. I also LOVED the ideas presented on intimidation. Sometimes it's TOTALLY a signal that you need to learn something if you're intimidated by someone. Not always, but looking back of people I've been intimidated by, usually once I know them and understand them a bit more the intimidation goes away and I always walk away knowing something more. 

No comments: