Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tonight.

Tonight I'm listening to a band that someone from a former life introduced me to. Someone that I really really loved. Someone who really knew me- who would poke me when I could handle it and hug me when I couldn’t. Someone who pushed me to be better, and someone I would let because I trusted him completely.

Usually I stop myself from thinking about it, but for some reason tonight I’m not. And I’m reliving it like it was yesterday. Man was I stupid. I let fear get in the way of everything, and I guess that's something I will always regret. It’s okay, though. It’s amazing how adaptable we are as human beings. How we can learn from past situations and improve the ones to come. 

Besides...now I have my gold standard...

(on a brighter note- it's been 30 years today since the first shuttle launched. 30 YEARS!)

No comments: