Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckley

As many of you know, President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away this past Sunday evening. I wasn't going to write about it because I figured everyone would, but I saw something yesterday that made me want to reflect. As I was walking through campus in the miserable weather, I saw our American flag hanging at half mast. It really touched me, and it made me think of President Hinckley and the amazing man that he was. He truly was a prophet of God, and I will be eternally grateful for his leadership and his devotion to the gospel and to our Savior. So as this flag hung low in respect for him and his life, I too offer my respect for him. The world will definitely miss this amazing man, but I find comfort in knowing he is with his wife and he is with his Lord. I am so grateful for him and for the example that he was, and is, to all of us.

No comments: