Saturday, August 23, 2008

Update and a few cool things

Turns out it's time for an update. My mom is doing loads better. She's been home for a few weeks, and gets to stop taking her anti-biotics on Monday. YAY! It's still kind of hard for her to walk around, and she can't sit or stand up straight for more than five minutes at a time. I think it's pretty frustrating for her because she's feeling better than her body is performing at this point. Everything everyone says is that it's a day-to-day thing from this point on. I hope I never have appendix issues. Word. It's been such a relief to know that she's going to be okay. I hate to sound overly dramatic, but people really can die from this kind of thing. I just feel so blessed. We looked up her surgeon's information online, and it turns out he is board certified and comes with the absolute best recommendations. My mom truly was in good hands, and we are so grateful.

Cool thing number one...I've decided to become a runner. I know that sounds like one of those things people always say but never do...but I'm not joking. I have a ten-week plan, and I'm really going to do it. I'm running a 5k (not a marathon, but I have to start somewhere, right?!?) on December 13th...and I'm really excited.

Cool thing number two...I'm going to Vegas for New Years Eve!!! I am pretty amped about this as I never do anything out of the ordinary. I'm a homebody, and even if I do something really fun, I never venture far from my stomping ground. I'm really excited because I'll be with some really good friends that I haven't seen in forever, and I cannot WAIT!!!

Cool thing number three...this one is actually pretty weird. I just discovered that my cat likes cantelope. She's pretty chubby and can be fairly cranky, but if you give her a piece of cantelope, she becomes your best friend. Check it out!

No comments: