Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Brother the Missionary


My little brother Jacob had his mission farewell today. Actually, I should say younger brother because he is not little anymore. It was an awesome experience to be in that meeting. He had his mission hair cut on Friday, and he finally looks the part. He’s a sharp kid. He spoke about hope and did a really good job. He referenced some things my Dad said to him, which was really cool for us to hear. He quoted conference talks and Preach My Gospel, and he pulled together an impressive talk. Haha, he even gave it in his surfer-boy accent. It was a wonderful experience. One of Jacob’s non-member friends was in the congregation, and when my brother closed his talk, he bore his testimony to that friend. It was powerful. It was our little glimpse of the missionary he will be, and I am so proud of him. There was fire behind his words, and his tesimony blew me away. My baby brother really does know the church is true, and he has a burning desire to share it. I envy the people he will get to know in Michigan. They will just love him, so I suppose I can loan him to them for a couple of years.

No comments: