Friday, February 13, 2009

My Latest Adventures

I went rock climbing on Wednesday. I got to try out my new harness and the equipment I got for Christmas. I went with some friends and we had a blast. It’s wild when you repel down and just fly through the air. I did learn one thing, though. I do NOT like slack on my lead rope. That sucker has to be cranked tight, otherwise I freak out. I never thought I had issues with heights, but it turns out that I do if there is any insecurity about my safety. Hmm…I bet everyone is like that, though. Anyway, it was so much fun.

I went to Disneyland on Thursday. I bought a season pass last time, so it has officially paid for itself now. Haha, and I’m quickly turning into a Disney junkie. I love it. I love how happy people are when they go. I love how excited little kids get, and how even the adults enjoy riding on weird pink caterpillars. Seriously…everyone is happy at Disneyland. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it acts as an escape. They call in the “Magical Kingdom,” and it really is. Maybe not in the sense that “real” magic takes place, but for a short ten hours, guests can completely forget about the outside world and live in a place where princesses and pirates and circuses and Winnie the Pooh and dragons and fairies are real. It’s impossible to stress about finances or relationships or anything while you are taking the ride of your life through temple ruins or speeding through space in a rocket ship. Ah…I seriously love it. It was a perfect day yesterday, too. It was the perfect temperature, it was right in between rain storms, the crowds were minimal, and it was a slow day at work so I could take it off. It was great!

No comments: