Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Catholic Mass

I crossed another thing off my list of things to do before I turn 30. I've been wanting to experience religion from a different perspective, and this past Sunday, I attended a Catholic Mass. I really enjoyed it! I've never really experienced other religions before, and it was a very eye-opening experience for me. There were a lot of rich Catholic traditions that I was able to take part in, and the sermon presented was wonderful. The pastor spoke about how when the bread and fish were presented to Jesus, it wasn't enough to feed the multitudes. He then explained that that measley sacrifice was as much as could be given, and it was multiplied to the point where it met the needs of the Savior. I loved that! Just a sweet reminder that when we sacrifice and do everything we can, the Lord will take our offering and expand it past what we are capable of. I think I may become a scholar of other religions. I find pure happiness and peace being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, but I really enjoyed seeing good, Christian people who are striving to do their best to be good people. It was refreshing, and it was an experience I would gladly welcome again.

No comments: