Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mt. Laguna Camping Trip

I went camping the weekend before last, and I have to say...I don't think I've ever enjoyed camping more. We went to Mt. Laguna, and it was all sorts of exciting! We hiked up to a peak and saw an incredible view of the San Diego valley. We explored a meadow, where there was a wild turkey and a herd of stampeding cattle and an amazing sunset. We saw a deer. We drove up to the Palomar Observatory and laid and watched the stars. I saw one of the most amazing shooting stars that lit up the night sky for at least two seconds, and it was hilarious picking out constellations that none of us knew. We played tourist in a local town called Julien. We took naps and read books in the shade of pine trees in the middle of the day. We went to a Bluegrass Festival. I spent the weekend getting to know a very cute, very kind boy. Seriously. Best. Camping. Trip. Ever.




No comments: