Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Off-Roading Adventure

I LOVE off-roading. I always have. I always will. I love the thrill of mud and cliffs and wondering if you'll make it up that incline. I love the trucks that tear up those trails. It makes me grin from ear to ear just thinking about it. The bumps and the side-to-side...I can't get enough. And I went this past weekend. Day trip with some of my favorite friends up to Palomar Mountain. It was awesome...and it was all sorts of adventurous. It was so muddy that it was hard to get enough traction. Some of the roads had sheer drop offs, too, and a few times we got uncomfortably close to the edge. It was one of my favorite adventures ever...and here is why. 15 minutes after we made it up a particularly steep hill, one of the trucks in the caravan got stuck in a mini-lake. Like...reeeaalllly stuck. Like, five guys digging and pulling and pushing for an hour and a half made no difference stuck. Finally the guy had to call his Dad, who had a Rubicon Jeep and a Winch, to pull him out. It was awesome. Definitely not the way I had anticipated the trip to go, but one of those memories that I will remember F-O-R-E-V-E-R!



1 comment:

Kylee said...

Sounds fun, all except for the dangerously close to the edge part, a little too scary for me.