Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's Amazing What a Crooked Smile Can Do

Once upon a time, I went to the bank to cash a check. The teller happened to be a family friend, and she noticed that my Mother was still on my account. She recommended that I take her name off, and although I didn't really care, she called over her manager and started to getting the wheels in motion. I was about to graciously decline, but then he walked in. John graced my terminal with his quirky style, stunning green eyes, and unruly hair. He spoke fast and warmly, and all of a sudden the only word I could say was, "sure." My friend asked how life was going, and I mentioned in passing that I was going to Florida for a space launch. Turns out John is a space geek, too. We got to talking, and ten glorious minutes later I had a new checking and savings account to add to the three accounts I already have. My money is currently, for all intents and purposes, spread through five accounts...all because of a beautiful boy with a crooked smile. When all is said and done, it was a good move financially. I will close down my college checking/savings accounts when everything is up and running with the new, improved one...but my goodness. To think I just wanted to cash a check...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME! You should have invited Crooked Smile Boy to FL with you!!! <3 ...Suzanne