Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dear Future Husband:

First of all, you should know that I don't obsess about you, our wedding, or our future family. It just so happens, however, that I live with a couple of girls who do. I must admit (sheepishly) that I let my ridiculous inner-girly girl come out the other night. But only a little. Interested in the outcome? Thought so. ;)
  • Can we please have a nautical wedding? With red or green accents and thick blue and white stripes? Please? I promise it will be adorable and manly. We can have anchors and sailboats and compasses and seashells and mariner's rope and circle windows and cupcakes shaped like those round life preservers. You have to admit, it would be the best party ever. And I won't even make you dance.
  • I want our children to have cool names. Cool names like Corbin and Tagg and Rhys. I told my Mother this once upon a time, and she rolled her eyes. I expect your reaction to be similar, but you should know this won't dissuade me. I'm kind of stubborn.
  • My design sense is sharp. I realize you probably have opinions on what you want your house to look like, but promise me this. I get to pick wall colors. Okay?

Love,

Kristen

2 comments:

Suzanne & Andrew Dupuis said...

I LOVE YOU! (and I would go with RED accents) ... AND... anytime you want to pick my wall colors you are more than welcome. I keep wanting to paint, but just can't decide. Better yet... fly to NY and visit! Your Rock! I wish we lived closer and I could imagine your future wedding with you! I miss you! *Suzanne*

flem-fam said...

Dear super cute niece, I have to say - "adorable and manly" made me laugh for about minutes. Please tell me you're coming to the family reunion next summer. We really missed you in Utah over the 4th.