Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well, today is Thanksgiving. I have always hated Thanksgiving, actually. I know that sounds awful, but I've never really enjoyed it. I don't really like turkey and stuffing, and the only real memories I have of it is going to my grandparent's house, watching football for nine hours straight, eating, and coming home. Today is a little different for me, though. I realized there are other traditions that I do enjoy. For example, every year my mother watches the dog show. I don't know why really...she doesn't like dogs. So every year, we watch with her and make fun of her unceasingly. My Dad also fries a turkey, and that always proves to be interesting. Last year he lit the backyard on fire. At any rate, I like the quirkiness of Thanksgiving I think. I like the weird little things that make my family so unique...and they all seem to come out on this day.

No comments: